ABOUT BROKER MANAGEMENT
The UK customs government department actively advises to “Get someone to deal with customs for you” and provides guidance on “how you can hire a person or business to deal with customs for you”.
This sounds very easy however, the legal and practical consequences for businesses of hiring a representative to act on behalf of your company, the options you as a business has and how to instruct brokers effectively, efficiently and, of course, compliantly, should be well understood.
Confusing the type of representation and insufficiently instructing your agents can have significant compliance consequences, lead to delays, deteriorate relations with trade partners, and can cost everyone a lot of time and hassle.
E-MAIL COURSE OVER 5 WEEKS
Join Customs Manager Ltd on a five weeks’ weekly e-mails of “Essential Effective Broker Management for every importing and exporting business” bite seized learning. The course starts 1 February 2022.
• Week 1: Understand what a broker is and what they can do for you and what they cannot do for you.
• Week 2: Learn about the relevant evaluation criteria for a business when choosing a broker.
• Week 3: Understand the types of brokers available and the legal position (Direct vs. Indirect Representation
• Week 4: How to instruct your broker effectively
• Week 5: Learn how to verify that they got it right
CERTIFICATE OF PARTICIPATION
Participants will receive a certificate of participation at the end of this e-mail course.