About the Role
What you'll do
• Managing a team of specialists day to day including delegation and workload management
• Training and coaching members of the Classification and Audit teams
• Overseeing the process of customs classification and audit
• Building reports and dashboards
• Checking, reviewing and analysing data
• Identifying areas of improvement and optimising processes
• Building relationships with the wider business and advising on customs related issues
What you'll need
• Knowledge of applying the General Rules of Interpretation (GIR)
• Experience working with the Customs Integrated Tariff and Explanatory Notes
• Experience working with customs data and the codification of customs declarations
• Up-to-date knowledge of customs legislation
• Strong leadership skills with the proven ability to manage and develop a team
• Analytical mind-set with the ability to analyse large data sets and build dashboards
• Advanced user of Microsoft Excel
• Excellent organisational skills with the ability to use their own initiative
• Highly focused and accurate with an uncompromising eye for detail
• Hands-on approach and can-do attitude
• Ability to accommodate last minute requests with ease and efficiency
• Confident using Microsoft Office packages
About the Company
Working at the heart of Lidl’s Customs & Import team, you’ll find our busy and dynamic specialist team, continuously improving processes and finding ways to better service Lidl’s millions of customers. We thrive on creating the best solutions to complex and ever-changing challenges, and we’re looking for a Customs Manager to join us!
The core purpose of this exciting new role is to ensure the high quality and compliance of the company's customs activity. With your extensive customs knowledge, you’ll be contributing to compliance processes and protecting the company from compliance risk. As well as being a specialist within customs compliance, you’ll also be managing a team of around 5 people covering not only Compliance and Audit, but also our Classification team. Your input, as a team player and customs professional, will have a direct impact on our operations, stores, and millions of customers.
In Customs, no two days are the same, as a Customs Manager, you will constantly be bringing clarity to new and interesting regulatory challenges. You’ll also be developing and coaching a great team to manage the continuously changing customs landscape post-Brexit.
This a fast-paced, dynamic position where you’ll need to take a both an analytical and pragmatic approach to helping us solve problems to ensure our supply chain stays best in class.
Working at this company is rewarding, in every sense, because they give you the training to succeed in your role and plenty of opportunities to progress your career. They are proud to offer a competitive salary with an additional non-contractual 10% London weighting and a generous holiday allowance.
+ pension scheme
+ in-store discount
plus extra discounts on days out, cinema tickets and much more.
Please note your employment is conditional upon the Company's receipt of satisfactory references and if requested by the Company, a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service check.
If you have questions about this role, or you like to assess your suitability for this job, please drop a message into the chat. You can also ask us, customs and global trade professionals to review your CV with you prior to you submitting the application to make sure it is the best it can be, enhancing the chances of success. Or if you are happy to apply, simply click on: