About the Role
• Collecting detailed information from various sources to assist in the classification of products •
• Work with colleagues to review the accuracy of all classifications for our products
• Investigate the trade agreements relating to the products and support the buying teams to determine whether the products meet the qualifying requirements
• Performing post-clearance amendments to declarations where classification or other errors have resulted in incorrect declarations
• Implementing the correction of declarations and procedures and monitoring the completion and impact of changes
• An understanding and interest in the global market and import/export
• Some experience within international trade would be highly beneficial
• Degree in International Trade, International Finance, International Business or similar
• Keen to learn with the ability to pick up new skills and tasks quickly
• Teamwork and collaboration skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Excellent organisational skills with the ability to use their own initiative • Highly focused and accurate with an uncompromising eye for detail
• Hands-on approach and can-do attitude
• Ability to accommodate last minute requests with ease and efficiency
• Confident using Microsoft Office packages
About the Company
Their Customs & Import department is a busy and dynamic specialist team, continuously improving processes and finding ways to better service their millions of customers. They thrive on creating the best solutions to complex and ever-changing challenges, and they are looking for a Junior Customs Administrator to join us!
This is an exciting time to join our growing Customs team to develop your skills as a Customs professional. You’ll work closely with experiences Customs Specialists in a fast-paced, dynamic environment where you’ll need to take a both an analytical and pragmatic approach to helping us solve problems to ensure our supply chain stays best in class. This role will be based in our Head Office, which is currently in South West London.
Working at this company is rewarding, in every sense, because we give you the training to succeed in your role and plenty of opportunities to progress your career here. They are proud to offer a competitive salary starting from £23,500 with an additional non-contractual 10% London weighting and a generous holiday allowance. Save for your future with their pension scheme, or save today with an in-store discount, plus extra discounts on days out, cinema tickets and much more. Please note your employment is conditional upon the Company's receipt of satisfactory references and if requested by the Company, a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Disclaimer: due to the high volume of applications we receive, we reserve the right to close a vacancy earlier than the advertised date. This is to ensure our teams can manage application levels while maintaining a positive candidate experience. Once a vacancy has closed, we are unable to consider further applications, so please submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment
If you have questions about this role, or you like to assess your suitability for this job, please drop a message into the chat. You can also ask us, customs and global trade professionals to review your CV with you prior to you submitting the application to make sure it is the best it can be, enhancing the chances of success. Or if you are happy to apply, simply click on: