About the Role
‘‘What it Takes’ - Talents, Competencies & Aptitudes:
- Excellent understanding of International Trade, Compliance and Customs regulations.
- Clear, empathetic, positive interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills.
- Seeks to understand before seeking to be understood with colleagues and suppliers.
- Very strong analytical and problem-solving skills, able to work independently with minimal supervision and exercise good judgement.
- Passion to develop and maintain sustainable relationships.
- IT literate with experience of Outlook, Word and Excel and the ability to learn new systems.
‘Accountability’ - Key Responsibilities, Actions & Tasks:
- Ensuring the most cost-effective and compliant solutions are implemented.
- Create and implement best practice logistics principles, policies, processes, and automation across the organisation to improve operational and financial performance.
- Deliver solutions to logistics problems while maintaining high levels of quality and customer service.
Negotiations, agreeing contracts, monitoring the quality of service provided.
- Assess, manage, and mitigate risks.
- Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness.
- Review and manage inventory.
- Coach and train the logistics team.
-Create and manage budgets.
Living the Core Values:
- Continuously demonstrate behaviours aligned with the companies’ core values.
‘The Why?’ - Purpose
- Purpose to team – To lead by example. To give more to the team than you wish to receive and to support our ambitious growth plans within the market.
- Purpose to customers – Go that extra mile, maintaining a high level of customer service, to ensure our customers know as much as we know.
‘What Success Looks Like’ -
Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- On Time Shipping
- On Time Delivery
- Delivery Tracking – Measured response times
- Number of Shipments
- Inventory/Order picking accuracy
About the Company
Global Services (Europe) Ltd is an international company operates in the maritime space in Europe, supplying a vast range of products to seagoing vessels, including tools, spare parts, equipment and consumables.
Our business ensures that a vessel's service can run without interruption. The scope of this service has extended with additional ancillary services offered such as storage solutions, mobile phone plans, inventory management and logistical support. The service we offer eliminates the time-consuming burden of procurement from your day-to-day duties, so their clients can focus on other jobs at hand.
Our positive & proactive team work tirelessly behind the scenes to ensure the items our customers request are quoted at the most competitive price, securely packed and shipped to our customers on-time. We take care of supplier ordering, bespoke reporting, payments, packing & handling and so much more, resulting in you not having to worry about the jobs behind the scenes”.
Many of our team of 40 are ex crew, so we understand the running of the vessel and life-cycle of various products. We have been making life simple for our customers for 25 years, and continue to make purchasing on-board easier for our valued customers.
If you have questions about this role, or you like to assess your suitability for this job, please drop a message into the chat. You can also ask us, customs and global trade professionals to review your CV with you prior to you submitting the application to make sure it is the best it can be, enhancing the chances of success. Or if you are happy to apply, simply click on: