We challenge our readers to try this complex customs classification challenge?
UK baker company Delicious UK Ltd. produces a cocoa butter substitute that they wish to export to the EU. Upon import, the importer asks you what commodity code is to be used?
Delicious UK Ltd has provided the following product information:
A product in the form of a solid, homogenous, white mass, consisting of refined, bleached, deodorized palm oil that has been partly hydrogenated, with added small quantities of sorbitan tristearate (E 492), lecithin (E 322), mixed tocopherols (E 306) and citric acid (E 330).
The product is packed in bags of 20 kg; it is used in the food industry.
Using the GIRs, Explanatory Notes etc, what is the commodity code and why?
Get TRAINING to upskill yourself and your team
Expert Blog on Customs Classification
Access detailed classification information, more quizzes and all you need to know about the latest in Customs Classification
Customs Classification Information HUB
Access a Step-By-Step Guide on Customs classification
Where to find more help and support
- For online support, join our educational live webinars, subscribe to insightful short Twitter updates and informative YouTube videos, and stop by at our expert blog page, updated weekly: https://www.customsmanager.org/customs-global-trade-blog
- Join us on Linked In, too: www.linkedin.com/company/customs-manager-ltd
- We also offer a resources hub that covers a lot of topics, videocasts and step by steps guidance: https://www.customsmanager.org/ -> Resources
- There are regular customs and global trade update sessions to discuss what is coming up: https://www.customsmanager.org/customs-and-global-trade-update
- Subscribe to our free newsletter to never miss an important update on our social media channels and expert blogs and get a round-up on all the important changes, law updates and guidance modifications for the EU and the UK).
- You can also call our helpline on 079146450183. The first call is free, after this, we charge a moderate fee to get instant expert support. You can access it at https://www.customsmanager.org/expert-helpline-blog-training-exclusive-briefings
- If you know of a business who would also find e-mails or customs and global trade blog entries helpful, please forward it on, or suggest they register to receive them directly to their inbox register to get these updates directly to their inbox.
About Customs Manager Ltd.
Working with us means having a Customs Advisor, Global Trade Expert and Export Controls Consultant, on speed-dial. If you are looking for a customs consultant UK and EU, let us help you trade effectively, efficiently and, of course, compliantly, wherever you want to go in the world.
Need to stay up-to-date with changing customs and global trade rules? We monitor legislation so our clients don't have to. Learn about all changes in our fresh expert blog, join exclusive briefings and ask any questions 24/7 through to the VIP hotline. Or sign up to our no-charge, insightful newsletter.
Entrust us with your training needs and help us to upskill you and your teams in English, German, French and Spanish. We offer pubic and private live, in-house and on-demand (study from anywhere and anytime) courses.
To complete our support for globally trading businesses, we are also a UK Customs Broker. We act as a customs clearance agent on behalf of many EU and UK businesses, assisting with customs documentation and all other formalities to ensure the customs clearance of our goods. Whether you’re seeking a long-term partner to look after your customs clearance or require support for a one-off shipment, please don’t hesitate to get in touch to discuss your requirements.
Customs Manager Ltd. owns the copyright in this information, unless other sources are identified.
You are not allowed to use this information in any way that infringes the intellectual property rights in it. You may have to hold a valid licence to use this information. A licence can be obtained by becoming a Premium subscriber to the Customs Managers’ Trade Intelligence service. As a Premium subscriber, you may download and print this information which you may then use, copy or reproduce for your own internal non-profit-making purposes.
However, under no circumstances are you permitted to use, copy or reproduce this information to profit or gain.
In addition, you must not sell or distribute this information to third parties who are not members of your organization, whether for monetary payment or otherwise.
This information is intended to serve as general guidance only and does not constitute legal advice. We cannot guarantee the quality, content, or accuracy of the information provided on this page as laws and information change regularly. Moreover, the application and impact of laws can vary widely based on the specific facts involved. This information should not be used as a substitute for consultation with professional legal or other competent advisers. Before making any decision or taking any action, you should consult a Customs Manager Ltd. professional.
In no circumstances will Customs Manager Ltd, be liable for any decision made or action was taken in reliance on the information contained within this document or for any consequential, special or similar damages, even if advised of the possibility of such damages.