top of page

Part 2 of three Part Mini Video Series: How can I be exempted from EU food licence requirements?

(S) Part 2: Rules for completion of export health certificates in the EU are complex. Arne Mielken, CEO of Customs Manager explains ways to get an exemption from licensing requirements.

Part 2: How to get a licence exemption

What happened? The EU has published the rules to follow for the completion and use of the model animal health certificates and model animal health/official certificates for certain imports into the EU. The rules explain how animal health certificates must be completed and on what models for various species.

Why does it matter? Using outdated or incorrect certificates can lead to goods being rejected at the border and this increases delays and costs.

What can I do? Exporters to the EU of the animal products concerned needs to make sure that they have the correct documentation, completed in all particulars and stamped and signed by authorized veterinarians as per the EU legislation.

Contact us to discuss how we may be able to support your de-risk and ensure ongoing compliance with the law.

Name of the Regulation: Commission Implementing Regulation (EU) 2021/403 of 24 March 2021 laying down rules for the application of Regulations (EU) 2016/429 and (EU) 2017/625 of the European Parliament and of the Council as regards model animal health certificates and model animal health/official certificates, for the entry into the Union and movements between the Member States of consignments of certain categories of terrestrial animals and germinal products thereof, official certification regarding such certificates and repealing Decision 2010/470/EU (Text with EEA relevance)

Link to the legislation:

Link to the full blog entry:

32 views0 comments
bottom of page